Skillman Farm Market and Butcher Shop is looking to hire a counter person.
Full Job Details:
Salary: $13 – $15 an hour
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to customers by answering questions, making recommendations, and responding to requests.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas, cases, and equipment according to established standards of hygiene.
- Working the register to serve customers and taking phone pick up orders
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Legally allowed to work in the US
- The ability to work with raw meat/organs/bones when assisting the butcher with vacuum sealing product (we are not a slaughterhouse)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- One location: 1932 US Highway 206, Skillman, NJ 08558.
To apply email your resume/qualifications to Stacie at firstname.lastname@example.org.